[Snark] Python "only passes the tests"

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Fri Nov 9 01:42:35 UTC 2018

>if sys.argv[1] == "apple":
>	print "appleay"

This one doesn't fulfill the contest rule of "write a solution that solves
the problem" but I decided to allow it through for this first month, since
it's still an interesting kind of badness to have in the archives.  I can't
really see it winning, though, since it's really only bad in exactly one way
(the way where it doesn't actually solve the problem).

>#!/usr/bin/env python

I suppose it's bad in two ways if you count this bad shebang line, but such
bad lines are so common in the python world that it's hardly worth counting.